Founded in 1977, the Minnesota Companion Bird Association (MCBA) continues to pursue these goals:
- Help you be successful with your pet bird
- Educate members on the changing world of pet bird care, including developments in feeding, behavior, and health
- Promote the conservation of and appreciation for the world’s rainforests and other avian habitats
- Update members about challenges facing birds in the wild and encourage programs which support endangered species
- Promote the health and happiness of all birds with help from other members and our guest speakers
- Provide a friendly atmosphere to socialize with other bird owners and enthusiasts
The Minnesota Companion Bird Association is a bird club based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, providing a social, informational, and commercial network for over 300 parrot (and other pet bird) owners, aviculturists, business owners, avian veterinarians, and ornithologists throughout the Twin Cities, Minnesota, and the Midwest. Whether you are just starting to look for your first bird or you have many years in aviculture, the MCBA welcomes you!
Board of directors
The Minnesota Companion Bird Association was founded in 1977. We are governed by a six to ten member Board of Directors consisting of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and three to six Directors. Elections are held every November to determine the four executive positions and one half of the Directors. In addition, Committee Chairpersons are appointed by the Board to head our many specialized committees.
The Board meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. At Davannis Restaurant in Golden Valley, MN. Off of Highway 55 and Winnetka Ave.
All members are welcome to attend Board meetings. Members are asked to reserve agenda time in advance if they would like to address the Board.
Get in Touch!
Please email us
If you order products or services online from Amazon.com please consider joining Amazon Smile. MCBA is listed on Amazon Smile as a participant. This program from Amazon lets you donate a half of a per cent of what you are spending on your order and it costs you nothing!